[ RadSafe ] Solar radiation causes global warming

Kai Kaletsch eic at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 30 18:48:55 CDT 2007

Otto Raabe wrote: "The data on the graph I sent only go to 1985, but what is important is that they show the incredible lock-step correlation between solar activity and global temperature from about 1870 to about 1985."

Yes, the graph shows a good correlation. However, that may be irrelevant if the graph is wrong. The following is from http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/climate_change/article2355956.ece
"...Other graphs used in the film contained known errors, notably the graph of sunspot activity. Mr Durkin used data on solar cycle lengths which were first published in 1991 despite a corrected version being available ..."

This seems to be the same (pre 1991) graph that keeps floating around. If this graph was not wrong, I would be curious to know why no one has extended it to include more recent data (within the last 22 years!).

Kai