[ RadSafe ] RE: [AMRSO] On This Day( NY Times) - Observation of Moment of Silence

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Thu Aug 9 19:46:05 CDT 2007

Aug. 9

         Japan has always been a very regimented nation, and during WWII it
was a police state.  The "enablers" etc., didn't have much of a choice in
the matter.  It was do what you're told, or else.  The "eager supporters"
undoubtedly lost much or all of their former enthusiasm when the coffins
and the 'we regret to inform you" telegrams began arriving.  For a
present-day perspective, initially the Bush II war on Iraq was
popular.  Now it isn't.

         Both individual and mass human behavior can become very
complicated and convoluted in wartime.

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com