[ RadSafe ] RE: [AMRSO] On This Day( NY Times) - Observation of Moment of Silence

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 16:45:33 CDT 2007

I believe that the Japanses atomic program was a sham.
 First, they had no access to uranium.  Second, their
research was centered about a single cyclotron.
See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_atomic_program

--- Maury Siskel <maurysis at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> It seems appropriate to recall in passing that Japan
> also had an active
> atomic bomb research program through WW2 -- not as
> advanced as Germany
> or the US, but nevertheless, they too were trying
> Maury&Dog
>
> =================================
>
> Steven Dapra wrote:
>
> > Aug. 9
> >
> >         Japan has always been a very regimented
> nation, and during
> > WWII it was a police state.  The "enablers" etc.,
> didn't have much of
> > a choice in the matter.  It was do what you're
> told, or else.  The
> > "eager supporters" undoubtedly lost much or all of
> their former
> > enthusiasm when the coffins and the 'we regret to
> inform you"
> > telegrams began arriving.  For a present-day
> perspective, initially
> > the Bush II war on Iraq was popular.  Now it
> isn't.
> >
> >         Both individual and mass human behavior
> can become very
> > complicated and convoluted in wartime.
> >
> > Steven Dapra
> > sjd at swcp.com
> >
> > At 09:54 AM 8/9/07 -0700, Brennan, Mike  (DOH)
> wrote:
> >
> >> There were far, far more than just two crimes;
> there were almost an
> >> infinite number of crimes, with most of them
> committed or ordered by
> >> those controlling the Japanese government.  There
> is no justification
> >> at all to believe that those committing the
> crimes would stop, short
> >> of such overwhelming force as to kill them or
> break Japan's ability
> >> to continue the War.  The resolve of the Western
> Allies (and the greed

““Few of their children in the country learn English... The signs in our streets have inscriptions in both languages ... Unless the stream of their importation could be turned they will soon so outnumber us that all the advantages we have will not be able to preserve our language, and even our government will become precarious.”
-- Benjamin Franklin, circa 1750, on German immigration to Pennsylvania

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com