[ RadSafe ] New average annual medical dose

Evers, William C. WILLIAM.C.EVERS at saic.com
Tue Aug 14 10:32:22 CDT 2007

According to the EPA, the estimate for the average annual dose rate comes from the NCRP Report No. 93, which was issued in 1987.  You can view a portion of the report on the NCRP website:

http://www.ncrponline.org/Publications/93press.html

The NRC, DOE, and EPA websites show no indication of changing the estimated average.  They still list 360 mRem as the average.  The EPA does have a tool to help you calculate an individual's annual dose rate that takes in to count number of medical exposures, as well as living conditions.

http://www.epa.gov/radiation/students/calculate.html

I hope this helps.

W. Clark Evers-