[ RadSafe ] 10500 Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA)

Leo M. Lowe llowe at senes.ca
Tue Aug 14 15:59:13 CDT 2007

  Dr. Millington,

Further to your message below, you might try contacting Becquerel Labs at

http://becquerellabs.com/

They do NAA work.

Regards,
Leo Lowe
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 15:29:17 +1000
From: <Keith.Millington at csiro.au>
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Neutron Activation Analysis (NAA)
To: <radsafe at radlab.nl>

Hi guys,

I have a need to analyse a lot of clean wool samples from individual
sheep for trace metals. I would like to try NAA, because this has the
advantage of minimum sample preparation.

For ICP-AES, I  need to hydrolyse the wool protein by refluxing it in 6M
HCl for several hours. For XRF we need to powder the sample first and
press a solid disc.

In Australia our new OPAL research reactor is having a few problems -
I'm wondering whether anyone overseas can assist with carrying out a few
NAA trials ?

Regards, Keith

Dr Keith R Millington
Stream Leader- Fundamental Fibre Research
Senior Principal Research Scientist
CSIRO Textile and Fibre Technology
PO Box 21
Belmont Vic 3216
Australia
Ph:-     0061-(0)352-464792
Fax:-   0061-(0)352-464057
Mob:- +61-(0)409-900411
http://www.tft.csiro.au/

Leo M. Lowe, Ph.D., P.Phys.
Principal, Senior Health and
Environmental Physicist

SENES Consultants Limited
121 Granton Drive, Unit 12
Richmond Hill, Ontario  L4B 3N4
Canada
Tel:  905-764-9380
Fax: 905-764-9386
llowe at senes.ca
www.senes.ca

This transmission is intended only for the addressee and may contain
PRIVILEGED or CONFIDENTIAL information.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
use or retention is strictly prohibited.  SENES does not accept
liability for any errors, omissions, corruption or virus in contents
or attachments.  Information is provided for use "as is" by the
addressee.  Revised documents must not be represented as SENES work
product, without express, written permission of a SENES Director.