[ RadSafe ] [Nuclear News] FPL Proposes Expanding Nuclear Power

Muckerheide, Jim (CDA) Jim.Muckerheide at state.ma.us
Fri Aug 17 11:03:09 CDT 2007

Well, if you make it all gas, the 18 M tons becomes about 11 M tons :-)

Maybe they would project reducing coal to nothing, with gas having to
replace the nuclear and coal

Then again, FPL is one of the biggest wind power generators in the
country, so they would know to what extent FL is a candidate for
significant wind generation to replace some of that.

Regards, Jim