[ RadSafe ] " Technology to detect radiation has progressed

Gaglierd, Tony TGaglierd at achd.net
Tue Aug 21 08:50:17 CDT 2007

Brent Rogers wrote, "You answered my "most important question" with a
question of your own. A new question, is not an answer.  I ask again:  If
you were responsible for safety and security of Williamsport, would you be
willing not to be prepared for that contingency?"

I'l go out on a limb and answer the question. Having been involved in Public
Health, Emergency Response including Hazmat and Radiation Protection for
over 40 years and having been involved in preparing for All Star Games, The
US Open, Presidential visits and the usual suspect, and coming from the days
of duck and Cover.

Under the current climate whether real or paranoia, or something in between
the answer is YES you have to prepare for any contingency.

The level of preparedness and potential response is guided by a through
threat assessment with the application of appropriate levels of preparedness
and response.

Tony Gaglierd RO, RI 3
Allegheny County Health Department
Allegheny County Emergency Services