[ RadSafe ] " Technology to detect radiation has progressed "

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Tue Aug 21 20:03:20 CDT 2007

Aug. 21

         Your comment on people going to work on the morning of Sept. 11
has no bearing on anything.  No one knew the suicide bombers were going to
attack the World Trade Center (or anyplace else) that morning.  No one had
any reason to fear anything.  The fear I am talking about is the fear and
paranoia that is beginning to permeate the United States, and an unknown
number of Western countries -- perhaps even Australia.  Furthermore, it is
now common knowledge that our so-called protectors had repeatedly *ignored*
warnings about suspicious persons who only wanted to learn how to fly
airplanes, and not how to take off or land.  Who are the guards guarding?

         In an attempt to answer your question about being prepared for
contingencies, first, the Atlanta Olympics is a vastly larger event that
the Little League World Series.  I did not know the latter event existed
until a few days ago when it popped up on RADSAFE.  Terrorist attacks are
more than likely going to be carried out at large and well-known events.

         I consider your question about being prepared for contingencies to
be so hypothetical that it does not warrant serious consideration, and I
reiterate what I said earlier:  "To answer what I consider to be the most
important question, how many contingencies do you want to prepare
for?  Shall each of us be assigned a policeman, or FBI agent, or BATF
agent, or Homeland Security agent, or *someone*, to accompany us everywhere
to make certain we don't blow someone up?"  The only way to be prepared for
every contingency is to establish a police state, or to never have any
public events or gatherings.  I say the latter because it is physically
impossible to monitor every meeting, sporting event, convention, etc.,
etc., in any nation to the degree necessary to screen everyone attending
the event to make certain that he is not going to blow someone up, or
commit some other type of terrorist act.

         I further reiterate that we need to get a grip on ourselves.  If
we don't we will make ourselves crazy looking for terrorists
everywhere.  Left-wing extremists used to rant and rave about people
looking for "Reds under the beds."  Get the point?

Steven Dapra

[edit]