[ RadSafe ] Technology to detect radiation

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 21:03:21 CDT 2007

No.  Lymphoscintigraphy uses Tc-99m which has a 6 hour
half-life.  Also, if the test is used to evaluate the
spread of cancer cells, the nodes that have taken up
the radionuclide are removed from the patient and
dissected.

http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=lympho&bhcp=1

--- Eugene Mah <eugenem at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Another distinct possibility is that the patient had
> undergone
> a lymphoscintigraphy procedure and identified it as
> a radiation
> therapy procedure by mistake (or whoever was
> questioning her did).
>
> Eugene

"All of the old-timers knew that subprime mortgages were what we called neutron loans --  they killed the people and left the houses. . . .
"LOUIS S. BARNES, a partner at Boulder West, a mortgage banking firm.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com