[ RadSafe ] BERYLLIUM REQUEST?

Ed Battle kudzuvine at cableone.net
Mon Aug 20 19:38:07 CDT 2007

Subject: BERYLLIUM REQUEST?

IF ANYONE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT ON STEVE DORAN'S REQUEST, PLEASE CONTACT HIM AT HIS EMAIL ADDRESS: sldoran at earthlink.net AND CC ME FOR MY OWN EDUCATION!!!   MANY THANKS,  ED

I need some assistance. I am working a file where a female indicates she has been exposed to a large dose of Beryllium and test results have concluded that she in fact has the substance in her system. Beryllium is not being used in her work place. However from what I have been advised it is used in all kinds of things we come in contact with every day in our homes and dentists even use it.

What we are trying to do is locate and expert with the appropriate equipment and background to contract in California to perform tests in her home and try to track the source of her contamination. If in fact it is not just self inflicted or a fluke.

Further I am trying to find out if equipment even exists that can check to see if the air she is breathing in her home is contaminated with the stuff. The long and the short of it is, I just need to be pointed in the right direction, to track this thing down and further find out what is possible and what is not when dealing with this substance. IE can it be detected if it is in the air, and is it possible to be contaminated breathing the fumes it lets off, does it have to be ingested to be harmful. I just do not want to waste time barking up the wrong tree.

Take care, my friend.

Steve Doran