AW: [ RadSafe ] Technology to detect radiation

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 21:24:21 CDT 2007

Franz,
I expect your friend had a radiation teletherapy
treatment following her chemotherapy.  I certainly
would not consider the treatment as low dose.  It is
to the body, but not to the breast.  I believe the
tumor dose is approximately 600 cGy to 800 cGy (rad
for those in non-SI countries) fractionated over about
10 weeks.

As for the use use of radiation wires or seeds there
is a treatement plan using the temporary implantion of
Ir-192.  The source is ultimately removed.
http://www.cancer-radiation.com/about/Mammosite.htm

--- Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer at chello.at>
wrote:

> Elsa,
>
> I had the same thoughts as you when reading this
> message, but thought that I
> am not an expert and it might be true. That "wires
> or seeds" might be
> implanted is to my knowledge a ridiculous
> explanation by a wannabe "RADSAFE
> expert". A very good friend of mine received - and I
> think that is the
> standard treatment - first personalized chemotherapy
> and then a relatively
> low dosed radiation therapy. Fortunately she
> recovered and is free from any
> metastases since more than ten years. No
> radionuclides were involved.
>
> Radionuclides might be involved in the search of
> metastases. This might be
> an explanation. On the other hand I would not trust
> news media to much as to
> the accurracy of their reports....
>
> Best regards,
>
> Franz
>

> Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
> MinRat i.R.
> Habicherg. 31/7
> A-1160 Wien/Vienna
> AUSTRIA

"All of the old-timers knew that subprime mortgages were what we called neutron loans --  they killed the people and left the houses. . . .
"LOUIS S. BARNES, a partner at Boulder West, a mortgage banking firm.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com