[ RadSafe ] Facts: breast cancer, "radioactive wires implanted", "localiz...

BLHamrick at aol.com BLHamrick at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 18:40:04 CDT 2007

NRC will be involved in PET imaging to the extent they are involved in  other
nuclear medicine imaging - i.e., they will be regulating PET
radiopharmaceuticals used in diagnostic imaging procedures to the same extent  that they
currently regulate the use of technetium-99m in diagnostic imaging  procedures.

It is true that the NRC does not (and will not in the foreseeable future)
regulate medical accelerators where nothing is produced for commercial
distribtuion.  The Agreement States (and many non-Agreement States),  however, will
continue to regulate these machines as they have over many  years.

Barbara L. Hamrick, JD, CHP

In a message dated 8/29/2007 6:17:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,