[ RadSafe ] "Do Not Read This If You Are Anti-Nuclear Energy"

Bailly, Helen A Helen.Bailly at icp.doe.gov
Mon Dec 3 11:21:05 CST 2007

John, that's not very fair, you asked:

Do you have proof that there is an effort to eliminate nuclear energy?
I see a constant nit-picking effort that is perceived to have influence
beyond its real influence. (Most of the crying about anti-nuclear
influence is on list like this.) I also see power companies recognizing
the economic advantages of supplying energy using nuclear power.

Barbara gave you 6 examples of anti-nuke funded activities intended to
eliminate nuclear energy that had an effect, negative in my opinion on
nuclear energy (among other things).

Then you ask:

So, why are there many license applications for nuclear power plants?
Laws can and changed...

That doesn't follow for me, just because there are efforts to eliminate
nuclear energy doesn't mean there are efforts to expand and improve it
as well.  They are not mutually exclusive.  Thankfully

Life is short - Break the rules!  Forgive quickly!  Kiss slowly!  Love
truly! Laugh uncontrollably!... And never regret anything that made you
smile.

 <file:///C:\helen's%20documents\hel-2.JPG>
<file:///C:\Program%20Files\Common%20Files\Microsoft%20Shared\Stationery
\fieruled.gif>

helen Bailly

Radiation Dosimetry Records Unit

CFA-690

Mail Stop 4147

(208) 526-5261

 P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

This message and any attachments are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.  2510-2521, and are solely
intended for the specified recipient and may contain confidential or
privileged information.  This information is confidential.  If you are
not the intended authorized recipient of this information, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that
any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of any action based
on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail, and permanently delete the original message.

<file:///C:\helen's%20documents\DOSIMETRY\confidential%20mood%20stamp.jp
g>