[ RadSafe ] "Do Not Read This If You Are Anti-Nuclear Energy"

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 21:12:46 CST 2007

Many people need a "cause."  Mine is responding to
people who question about medical radiation exposures.

People have been protesting nuclear power or radiation
for decades.  It started with the beginning of the
"Cold War." Nevertheless, economics is also a prime
mover.  If the power companies can make a profit,
whether is be nuclear, wind, or coal, they will use
it.  I would also suggest that news does not
necessarily reflect reality.  If the there is so much
news against nuclear power, why do we still have it?

And what, pray tell is "plutonium free powder?"

--- "Bailly, Helen A" <Helen.Bailly at icp.doe.gov>
wrote:

> Fair question, no I don't have proof that there is
> an effort underway to
> eliminate nuclear energy; however, I see news of
> protests and
> demonstrations calling for the elimination of
> nuclear anything on WAY
> more places than this list (I don't belong to any
> other lists like this
> - one is enough) CNN, Fox News Network, Bumper
> Stickers and Tee Shirts
> (my favorite being Jackson Hole Wyoming's plea for
> plutonium free
> powder), The Idaho Statesmen, to name just a few.
>

> While I wouldn't call this evidence of an effort to
> eliminate nuclear
> energy, but it is certainly evidence of anti-nuclear
> ANYTHING
> sentiment/attitude/bias
>
> Life is short - Break the rules!  Forgive quickly!
> Kiss slowly!  Love
> truly! Laugh uncontrollably!... And never regret
> anything that made you
> smile.
>
>  <file:///C:\helen's%20documents\hel-2.JPG>

<file:///C:\Program%20Files\Common%20Files\Microsoft%20Shared\Stationery
> \fieruled.gif>
>

> helen Bailly
>
> Radiation Dosimetry Records Unit
>
> CFA-690
>
> Mail Stop 4147
>
> (208) 526-5261
>
>  P please don't print this e-mail unless you really
> need to.
>
> This message and any attachments are covered by the
> Electronic
> Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.  2510-2521,
> and are solely
> intended for the specified recipient and may contain
> confidential or
> privileged information.  This information is
> confidential.  If you are
> not the intended authorized recipient of this
> information, you are
> hereby notified that you have received this document
> in error and that
> any review, dissemination, copying, or the taking of
> any action based
> on the contents of this information is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have
> received this communication in error, please notify
> the sender
> immediately by e-mail, and permanently delete the

<file:///C:\helen's%20documents\DOSIMETRY\confidential%20mood%20stamp.jp
> g>

=== message truncated ===

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." -- Sir Winston Churchill

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com