[ RadSafe ] An article from globeandmail.com

Colette Tremblay colette.tremblay at ssp.ulaval.ca
Wed Dec 12 10:36:34 CST 2007

Colette Tremblay (colette.tremblay at ssp.ulaval.ca) thought you would be interested in the following article from globeandmail.com, Canada's leading source for online news:

"Ottawa thwarts nuclear watchdog"
A Three-Mile-Island-type of nuclear accident could occur at Canada's Chalk River reactor unless a backup power supply system, capable of withstanding natural disasters such as earthquakes, is installed, according to an assessment by the president of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20071212.REACTORS12/EmailTPStory/TPNational>

Note from  Colette Tremblay: I didn't know that Steven Harper was a nuclear scientist :-)