[ RadSafe ] An article from globeandmail.com

Philippe J. Duport pduport at uottawa.ca
Wed Dec 12 12:12:51 CST 2007

Thank you Colette,

The case of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission would have been
stronger had it been accompanied by a detailed cost-benefit analysis,
i.e. a comparison of the severity, probability and immediacy of the
risks posed to public health by present non-compliance with regulatory
requirements (backup pumps not yet operational in case of power failure)
on one side and the severity, probability and immediacy of the risks
incurred by patients, worldwide, in need of potentially life saving
medical radioisotopes on the other side.

Philippe Duport