AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] Child cancer risk higher near German nuclearplants

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Dec 14 11:59:55 CST 2007

Björn, Rainer, RADSAFErs,

I intended to answer Björns question by telling him that this piece is not
worth the effort to even type the translation. OK, Rainer did it, but it is
not really useful without background information. Rainer has included a very
short part of background information. May I add some more and ask Rainer to
correct it if I am wrong?

Yes, this "König" (King in English)is the head of the Bundesamt für
Strahlenschutz (BfS). He was "inthroned" by the German Minister of
Environment Trittin, belonging to the Green party a few years ago. This
absolutely antinuclear minister is gone since long, but König might be head
of BfS until retirement. Yes, Rainer is correct - he had been before this
position in one of the German federal states in charge of agriculture,
probably also gardening. He has not the slightest qualification in either
radiation protection, nuclear issues or anything close to them. I believe
that this might not be necessary for a politician, who has the right
advisers - but he has obviously only pressure from the green party.

His comment is even to me as a German native speaker not easily
understandable or probably not understandable at all. Political Bla, bla,
bla. Everything in this statements is at least confusing, twisted etc. etc.

I would recommend that you do not pay attention to it. The claims of
leukemia clusters are nothing new, they have been raised maybe 20 or 15
Years ago, have been invalidated, but they still show up every few years.

Best regards, beste Gruesse, vaenlig haelsning,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.
Habicherg. 31/7