[ RadSafe ] Portal Monitors

Marco Caceci chemitech at chemitech.com
Wed Dec 19 08:39:49 CST 2007

See www.radal.com, they use GM tubes hence they respond down to 20-30 keV,
in case you are after the low energy x-rays from excited electron levels in
the products...
Plastic scintillators hardly ever are specified to go below say 50 keV, and
then, since calibration and sensitivity are done/specified with Cs137, field
installations have been known to be set with thresholds as high as 500 keV
(that cuts down the background...). Anyhow, if you had a system working
using plastic, GMs will do.
Hope this  helps.
Marco

Dr. Marco Caceci
L.Q.C. s.l.u., Vilabertran 15, 17130 La Escala, Spain
tel +34 902 88 4887
mob +34 607 07 1196
fax +34 972 98 0591
www.chemitech.com