[ RadSafe ] Re: Radiation Hormesis

Alan Watts wattsa at ohio.edu
Thu Dec 27 15:00:55 CST 2007

Mike,

I'm also reminded of a "physics" story called . . .

Physics Saves Lives

A college physics professor was explaining a particularly complicated
concept to his class when a pre-med student interrupted him.

"Why do we have to learn this stuff?" one young man blurted out.  "To save
lives," the professor responded before continuing the lecture.

A few minutes later the student spoke up again.  "So how does physics save
lives?"

The professor stared at the student for a long time without saying a word.
Finally, the professor continued, "Physics saves lives, because it keeps
certain people out of medical school."

I guess, a good dose of Physics to want-a-be doctors (pre-med students) can
have a hormetic effect to their profession and ultimately their patients.

Alan

Alan Watts
RSO
Ohio University

--On Thursday, December 27, 2007 10:02 AM -0800 "Brennan, Mike  (DOH)"