[ Radsafe ] Re: Radiation Hormesis

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Sat Dec 29 02:54:26 CST 2007

The Tale of a Fairyland

Once upon a time in a land far away, there was a govt composed of three
Groups. The Legislative group composed laws and the Executive group
enforced those laws. The Legislative group in times long gone passed
laws and the Executive agency had to assemble the detailed regulations
which would be followed to implement the laws. After the regulations
were prepared, they would be reviewed by the Congress to ensure their
consistency with legislative intent. This process was called Oversight.

Alas, modern processes have changed;  progressive legislators pass laws,
fling them to the executive group, and endlessly pass more laws on top
of existing laws ...  never mind their increasingly conflicting logic;
e.g., how do we prevent the protected eagles from eating the protected
wolf pups on protected lands or how do we deter someone from enhancing
their crime by hating as they commit the crime, or how one can be
charged with violating a law when the law is classified secret, and so
on.  Thus, we keep the third branch, the Judiciary, busy trying to tell
the other two what they are allowed to do. This modern process is called
Gotcha!

And thus, the Regulators and their Subjects live happily ever after with
diminishing regard for the Original Rules (whose intent remains fairly
clear)  called a Constitution ...

Happy Next Year,
Maury&Dog  (Maury Siskel   maurysis at peoplepc.com)