[ RadSafe ] Re: [ RRadSafe ] Re: Radiation Hormesis Why regulator is always on the receiving end! The action of Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission I request your views

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Sat Dec 29 16:06:00 CST 2007

Most of us understand the multifaceted problem, but none of us
(certainly including myself) seem able to identify a workable solution.
The so-called system has been designed or has gradually formed to
produce automated decisions in no uncertain terms. Legislative
oversight, ombudsmen, and inspectors general were designed to avoid
decisions not in the best interest of society.

The growth of litigation and other punishments have promoted regulatory
avoidance of responsibility and increased dependence upon "the book".
Judgment is becoming obsolete and is in fact a dangerous liability. The
universal solution is to accomplish tasks by the book.  Whenever a
solution is not in the book, then a solution is devised and added to the
book. Some of this is epitomized by the zero defects concept -- an
identity with zero judgment.

I'd appreciate reading any ideas for resolving these kinds of problems.
Best,
Maury&Dog  (Maury Siskel  maurysis at peoplepc.com)