[ RadSafe ] Re: Pa'ina Hawaii Update

Cehn at aol.com Cehn at aol.com
Thu Feb 1 12:14:19 CST 2007

What is the email and/or link to the NRC on this application?

Joel  I. Cehn, CHP
------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Wed,  31 Jan 2007 09:04:28 -1000
From: "Andrew Buchan"  <radsafe at painahawaii.com>
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Pa'ina Hawaii  Update
To: <radsafe at radlab.nl>

For those of you interested.

The Enironmental  Assessment (agreed to in a joint stipulation between the
NRC and  Earthjustice) was completed and filed 12/21/06, the Topical Safety
Report  associated with the EA was published a few days later.

We had three  contentions last year, two we dismissed because we remedied the

"deficiencies" and the EA took care of the last one. The Judge said he would
be dismissing the final one sometime after 2/9.

That is also the date  when Earthjustice needs to file any late filed
contentions. You can be there  will be some and that terrorism will some how
figure into  them.

Tomorrow night is the public meeting (also part of the stipulation)  or as I
like to call it circus. It will be interesting to see how it goes.  Our first
one was pretty low key, but I am sure the ringleaders at  Earthjustice will
do their best to turn it into a nut house.

Comment  period is open for a little while longer, so if anyone would like to
send  the NRC an email saying why irradiators and irradiation aren't the
devil,  feel free.

So we are see the edge of the woods, but we aren't there  yet.

Andrew Buchan
RSO Pa'ina  Hawai'i