[ RadSafe ] Pa'ina Meeting

radsafe at painahawaii.com radsafe at painahawaii.com
Fri Feb 2 17:32:48 CST 2007

Well, there is one for the books. The NRC hosted public meeting went very well last night.
There was something like a 3:1 ratio of proponents to anti's, mostly the local "environmental" crowd.
No yelling, no fighting.

Some friends who came to support me, and are very much not rad trained folks found the meeting very interesting. They found the case was stronger than they had even thought, and were surprised at how ill-informed the anti's were. In fact they quickly recognized that those opposed were all spouting the same vague emotional arguments.

So the next stage is new contentions based on the draft EA. That's next Friday. Wish me luck!

Andrew Buchan
RSO Pa'ina Hawai'i
radsafe at painahawaii.com