AW: [ RadSafe ] Doyle and Ryan Gulf war reproductive health paper

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Feb 3 13:58:28 CST 2007

Syd,

My respect for you, because you obviously look "over the (US-) fence", which
is - sorry to say - unusual among US citizens.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I can only talk about Europe, but here
"liberal" is a very positive expression, unless it is used for "neo-liberal
politics or economy", which tends to maximise profits of large companies at
the cost of the "average people".

"Liberal" means that one is open minded, open for new ideas, against old
dogmas, that one challenges tradition for their further applicability. We
have liberal catholics, liberal protestants, liberal conservatives, liberal
socialdemocrats and we have liberals, who cannot be attributed to any
movement. Probably you know that there exist "Liberal Parties", the best
example is Great Britain, where there exists a "small" Liberal Party and a
big Labour Party, which have nothing to do with each other.

For the connection with radioactivity: Liberal people in Europe usually
support nuclear energy.....

Regarding James Salsman I do not read his postings since a long time - it is
annoying and time consuming to follow his Catch-22 arguments.

Best regards (or in my native German: Beste Gruesse)!

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.
Habicherg. 31/7