AW: [ RadSafe ] cost per kilowatt ratio

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Feb 10 14:16:19 CST 2007

Jeff,

I do not recall that I read your name before on RADSAFE - welcome to the
community! Please do not fall from the beginning into the trap of Mr.
Salsman. He has since months (years?) tried to keep us busy with his
DU-stories, with queer, nonexisting compounds of DU, "gases" of those
nonexisting compounds, trying to convince us to accept them as the real
dangerous compounds causing detriment etc. etc. Any facts put forward by
RADSAFE subscribers - among them some very well familiar with DU,
epidemiology, with access to all kind of US and international research -
have not been able to stop his ever repeated claims.

Obviously some clear messages during the last few days have caused him to
change suddenly the subject of his ire - now we have suddenly contributions
about the inefficiency of nuclear power, the great efficiency of wind,
solar,..... everything without any funded arguments.

I absolutely do not want to disencourage you to answer to his claims, the
facts you put forward are very intrested and obviously very well researched,
but I do not believe that you will convince Mr. Salsman - he will always
find some point of criticism and if it only would be that he will tell
everybody that you wrote 4.5% and according to his sources it would be only

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.