[ RadSafe ] Doyle and Ryan Gulf war reproductive health paper

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 11 01:26:01 CST 2007

   Having lived on and worked aboard Navy ships and Submarines for many years I can assure you that they are sufficiently large enough to adequately store any type of energetic material far enough away from berthing to prevent unnecessary personnel exposure.  The US Navy has the worlds greatest collective experience with operations of nuclear reactors!  Storage of DU isn't difficult when compared to all that the Navy has accomplished since Admiral Rickover launched the Navy Nuclear program.

     The major reason for continued research and development into armor penetrating munitions is very straight forward, development of a better means to vanquish the enemy.  Politics or political fall out, i.e. bad publicity, are only a very distant secondary consideration for the military.

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
  One of the reasons that tungsten is being considered
as a replacement for DU is that on Navy ships, DU
storage areas are frequently adjacent to berthing
compartments. As U-238 decays, the daughter products
emit photons of significant energies that may to lead
to exposures to the men (and women) in the berthing
areas. For the Army and Air Force, their people do
not sleep to DU storage areas.

--- "Robert J. Gunter"
wrote:

> "The fact that the DoE is trying so hard to come up
> with tungsten
> replacements, and issuing press releases about it,
> should be proof enough
> that there is a reason to do so."
>
> James, we can agree on this. There is a "reason".
> Sometimes things are
> done simply for PR (public relations). This should
> not be a surprise to
> anyone living in the US of A.
>
> Robert J. Gunter, CHP
> CHP Consultants
> Oak Ridge, TN
> Ph: (865) 387-0028
> Fax: (865) 483-7189
> rjgunter at chpconsultants.com
> Products and Services at:
> www.chpconsultants.com

“We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient — that we are only 6 percent of the world’s population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity; and therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.”
-- John F. Kennedy

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist