[ RadSafe ] Re: Radon and Lung Cancer

Ruth Sponsler jk5554 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 20:23:33 CST 2007

Hello all -

A note:

Another region of interest for comparisons is the
rural Midwest (the entire belt from the Dakotas to
Illinois and south to Texas), which is mostly flat and
has fewer socioeconomic/racial disparities than the
South.

An interesting comparison can be made using this map
of life expectancy (females)

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/organizations/bdu/usbodi/map2.gif

and maps of radon

http://eetd.lbl.gov/IEP/high-radon/frac4.htm

http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~radon/
http://eetd.lbl.gov/IEP/high-radon/USgm.htm

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/radon/zonemap.html

Note especially Iowa, southern Minnesota, and the
eastern Dakotas.  Contrast with Oklahoma and Texas.

~Ruth