[ RadSafe ] Article: Dirty Bombs Not Such a Blast

LNMolino at aol.com LNMolino at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 10:11:33 CST 2007

>From the First Responder aspect this is really not that new of an idea.  Many
of us have long felt and long taught that if anyone was close enough to get
any significant RAD does they'd likely be dead from the blast and it's effect
if  this was your "traditional IED", having said that in the same paragraph we
would  point out that from a  public perception standpoint this would be a
nightmare as the public would hear RAD and stop hearing at that point and allow
 their "sci fi" education to take over.

We'd discuss how it would be if an RDD were detonated say at some amusement
park that shall remain nameless how some folks that would likely otherwise be
an  annual visitor to that park might never be willing to set foot in said
park  regardless of any level of "assurances" that it was safe.

Education of the pubic is the key and it's the last thing we do to prepare
for such attacks or so it seems.

Louis N.  Molino, Sr., CET
FF/NREMT-B/FSI/EMSI
Freelance  Consultant/Trainer/Author/Journalist/Fire Protection Consultant
Buddhist  philosopher at-large
LNMolino at aol.com

979-412-0890 (Cell  Phone)
979-361-4636 (Home Phone)
979-690-7559 (IFW/TFW/FSS  Office)
979-690-7562 (IFW/TFW/FSS Fax)

"A Texan with a Jersey  Attitude"

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small  minds
discuss people" Eleanor Roosevelt - US diplomat & reformer (1884 -  1962)

The comments contained in this E-mail are the opinions of the  author and the
author alone. I in no way ever intend to speak for any person or
organization that I am in any way whatsoever involved or associated with unless  I
specifically state that I am doing so. Further this E-mail is intended only  for its
stated recipient and may contain private and or confidential materials
retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in the public domain by the
original author.
http://www.aol.com.