[ RadSafe ] Requesting help with locating older Victoreen parts and manuals

civildefense2002 at aol.com civildefense2002 at aol.com
Mon Jan 8 17:31:32 CST 2007

Hello fellow list members. We have been looking far and wide for the manuals to some older Victoreen portable instruments. Unfortunately, Victoreen/Fluke Biomedical no longer has these available. Any format - electronic, fax, or original - would be perfectly acceptable.

1. Victoreen 490 "Thyac III" low-range survey meter.
2. Victoreen 493 low-range survey meter.
3. Victoreen 692 low-range ion chamber gamma survey meter.

We are also looking for a replacement ion chamber to the Victoreen 692 as well. The 692 is very similar to the somewhat older Victoreen 592B pictured at http://www.civildefensemuseum.com/southrad/victoreen-592b.html , if that provides a reference. The ion chambers may be interchangable between the two models, but I am not sure.

On a personal note, I have been looking for one of the CD V-718 Model 1 instruments that FEMA issued out back in 1994. This would be for my collection of civil defense instruments. If anyone has a lead, that'd be most appreciated.

I really appreciate any assistance provided. Please all have a pleasant week.

Nicholas M. Studer, NREMT-P
Environmental Intern
Florida Department of Health - Bureau of Radiation Control
Civil Defense Radiological Instrument Maintenence & Calibration Facility
407-297-2096 x 239
407-297-2096 (fax)

The comments contained in this e-mail are the opinions of the author and the author alone. I in no way ever intend to speak for any person or organization that I am in any way whatsoever involved or associated with unless I specifically state that I am doing so. Further this e-mail is intended only for its stated recipient and may contain private and or confidential materials. Retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in the public domain by the original author. (Disclaimer thanks to Louis N. Molino)