[ RadSafe ] nuclear-powered submarine has collided with a Japanesetanker

stewart farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 10 11:19:21 CST 2007

Hello all,

As my original comment indicated [see below], any reference to a disaster involving radioactivity with the sub/oil tanker bump reported was completely tongue-in-cheek. There was a "smiley face" emoticon after my mention of a radioactive oil spill. I can't conceive of any accident involving a collision between a sub and a surface vessel that could damage a sub to such an extent.

Anyone who knows me appreciates that I enjoy the irony and satire which was evident in my post. Let's keep our sense of humor! I wrote initially:

"If the sub and oil tanker really got damaged in a situation like this, there might have been a large radioactive oil spill in the Gulf's Straits of Hormuz. :-)  Talk about a disaster movie plot. What a cleanup problem. Coming soon to a theatre near you."

Maybe I should just write a script for the above disaster movie plot. If the "Poseidon Adventure" story line can end up as two Hollywood feature films with millions of $ going to the screenwriters, perhaps I'm in the wrong field.

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Farber Medical Solutions, LLC
Broker for Linac, Medical Imaging Equipment, and Radiation Instrumentation
[203] 441-8433 [office]
email: radproject at sbcglobal.net