[ RadSafe ] nuclear-powered submarine has collided with a Japanesetanker

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 17:04:43 CST 2007

Dear all,

I read today two Austrian papers. One was on the internet, which did not
mention the incident at all. The other one I read as a paper copy had a
short note on approximately page 17, mentioning that a US submarine had
collided with a Japanese tanker. There was not a single word on the fact
that it was a nuclear-powered submarine. If not even newspapers in Austria,
a country which is fiercly antinuclear, mentions this it seems that this
fact does not play a big role in public perception worldwide.

Best regards,

Franz