[ RadSafe ] Indian Point in the news - Hudson fish near nuke plantcontain strontium-90

Flanigan, Floyd Floyd.Flanigan at nmcco.com
Tue Jan 16 14:20:02 CST 2007

Okay ... I re-read this.

"Three of the upriver fish had strontium levels ranging as high as 24.5
> picocuries per kilogram, while one taken from near the plant had 18.8
> picocuries per kilogram, according to results first released late last

> week."

"upriver" ... I have always been under the impression that if the fish
came from upriver of the plant, the whatever is in them came from
someplace else. Is this just a typo or are they saying the Sr-90 from
the plant has found its way upstream? I'm having issues with that part.

Floyd
Those Sr-90 concentrations are probably about the same as in my old
bones.
Turned 60 last October,
Bob C