[ RadSafe ] Peer Review Criteria - Environmental Health

alanpeg at sbcglobal.net alanpeg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 17 09:08:50 CST 2007

Before retirement I often did peer review. I would send comments such as
"you would make your point more convincingly if you plotted ..." or "you
really have two papers here. Please rewrite so that one is on subject A and
the other is on subject B." Sometimes the authors thanked the anonymous
reviewer, often not. The writing style of many scientists (including me) is
often terrible and, if I could help clarify the writing, I felt I was doing
a service.

Al Rosenfield
Columbus Ohio