[ RadSafe ] Peer Review Criteria - Environmental Health

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Fri Jan 19 14:05:33 CST 2007

I would argue that thanking an anonymous reviewer for helping make a
point is completely different from thanking reviewers by name for
"the opportunity to speak with and learn from Drs. Chris Busby and
Michel Fernex at the Hamburg conference. Their contributions to this
paper stem from their long-term, on-going, related research as well
as, more particularly, to the helpful and thoughtful comments they
gave as peer reviewers of the submitted manuscript."

It is a practice of mine to suggest reviewers for my papers (when
journals request this information) that I haven't worked with in the
past. I have no idea who actually reviews the papers that I submit
but I would find it somewhat unseemly if I only had friends and
colleagues review my work.

Jeff