[ RadSafe ] Peer Review Criteria - Environmental Health

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:10:58 CST 2007

<<Wow, I am not sure how that you can thank your peer reviewers for helping
you in an article and still call it peer reviewed. I must have gone into the
wrong field of study.>>

Terry:  You can thank the anonymous peer reviewers in the acknowledgments of
the paper if you are so inclined, which I have done in the past.
Occasionally they may reveal their identity to you at a later time, but
usually not.

But your point is well taken that "peer review" involves a process that
works best when anonymous; so that the critique is less likely to be
interpreted as a "personal attack" and that the reviewer is less likely to
be compromised.

D. McCarn, Geologist
Houston & Albuquerque