[ RadSafe ] Electric power. How?

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Fri Jan 19 17:18:37 CST 2007

This brief article is related to radiation safety and risk to the extent
that anthropogenic global warming (GW) is related to nuclear power vs.
other means of power production. This anecdotal article sums the issue
well aside from the fact that all of us know excellent scientists who,
without pay, are convinced mistakenly <g> of the human role in GW. The
idea of decertifying GW Skeptics is about as silly as adults can be.
Best,
Maury&Dog (maurysis at peoplepc.com)
PS What was polar bear population 20-30 years ago compared with most
recent survey?
========================

AMS CERTIFIED WEATHERMAN STRIKES BACK AT WEATHER CHANNEL CALL FOR
DECERTIFICATION
January 19, 2007

Posted by Marc Morano marc_morano at epw.senate.gov

After Weather Channel Climate Expert Calls for Decertifying Global
Warming Skeptics
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=PressRoom.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=32abc0b0-802a-23ad-440a-88824bb8e528

"In 2005 I upgraded the AMS seal of approval to the new "Certified
Broadcast Meteorologist" designation. The CBM is the highest level of
certification from the AMS, and involves academic requirements, on-air
performance, a rigorous examination, and continuing education.
Official bio here: http://www.abc3340.com/news/talent.hrb?i=188
The Weather Channel Mess
January 18, 2007 | James Spann | Op/Ed

Well, well. Some “climate expert” on “The Weather Channel” wants to take
away AMS certification from those of us who believe the recent “global
warming” is a natural process. So much for “tolerance”, huh?

I have been in operational meteorology since 1978, and I know dozens and
dozens of broadcast meteorologists all over the country. Our big job:
look at a large volume of raw data and come up with a public weather
forecast for the next seven days. I do not know of a single TV
meteorologist who buys into the man-made global warming hype. I know
there must be a few out there, but I can’t find them. Here are the basic
facts you need to know:

*Billions of dollars of grant money is flowing into the pockets of those
on the man-made global warming bandwagon. No man-made global warming,
the money dries up. This is big money, make no mistake about it. Always
follow the money trail and it tells a story. Even the lady at “The
Weather Channel” probably gets paid good money for a prime time show on
climate change. No man-made global warming, no show, and no salary.
Nothing wrong with making money at all, but when money becomes the
motivation for a scientific conclusion, then we have a problem. For
many, global warming is a big cash grab.

*The climate of this planet has been changing since God put the planet
here. It will always change, and the warming in the last 10 years is not
much difference than the warming we saw in the 1930s and other decades.
And, lets not forget we are at the end of the ice age in which ice
covered most of North America and Northern Europe.

If you don’t like to listen to me, find another meteorologist with no
tie to grant money for research on the subject. I would not listen to
anyone that is a politician, a journalist, or someone in science who is
generating revenue from this issue.

In fact, I encourage you to listen to WeatherBrains episode number 12,
featuring Alabama State Climatologist John Christy, and WeatherBrains
episode number 17, featuring Dr. William Gray of Colorado State
University, one of the most brilliant minds in our science.

WeatherBrains, by the way, is our weekly 30 minute netcast.

I have nothing against “The Weather Channel”, but they have crossed the
line into a political and cultural region where I simply won’t go.