[ RadSafe ] Russia to pitch for Indian nuclear market during Putin trip

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 23 19:20:01 CST 2007

Sandy

Does "All of the UK's working nuclear power stations are located on the
coast - sites originally chosen for their remoteness and to guarantee
supplies of cooling water." mean that the "pebble bed" reactor at Winfrith
is no longer operating. Winfrith is a long way from "the coast".

When I worked there in the 1970's that reactor was ( I think) putting power
into the grid when it worked, and was talked about as the "next generation"
of reactors.

John
John R Johnson, Ph.D.
*****