[ RadSafe ] Incidence vs death question, was: Exposed " -had lower incidences of all cancers - "

Flanigan, Floyd Floyd.Flanigan at nmcco.com
Thu Jan 25 15:17:55 CST 2007

Granted, I cannot claim to speak from personal experience when it comes
to Shipyards, but I have had the pleasure of knowing and working with
many people from that sector. To the best of my recollection, none of
them ever related anything about either the selection process for
workers involving any kind of family cancer history screening for
screening applicants, nor did any relate anything about workers being
removed from the "yards" after being diagnosed with cancer. I have
personally worked with several cancer patients, some who died while
working nuke. Mostly in the D.O.E. world. None of them were asked to
leave their positions post diagnosis. So, from what I can relate, no.
The two selection/exclusion factors from your post are not, in my
experience, true.

Floyd W. Flanigan B.S.Nuc.H.P.