[ RadSafe ] Re: A likely source for a great many of the contested birth defects. Folic acid reduces cleft lip risk

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 01:57:02 CST 2007

James,

     Congratulations on a great effort on your behalf to change the subject.  Now  lets get back on track.  I wrote my e-mail in response to your claims about an increase in birth defect rates in Iraq.  You haven't responded to the possibility that if there ever was an increase in the birth defect rate in Iraq that it may well have been due to something much less exotic than what you and Saddam's researchers from the late 1990's suggested.  James, don't you feel just the least bit uncomfortable quoting work from Saddam's regime as the Gospel?  Have you given any consideration to the possibility that the Saddam era research you so freely quote is or was nothing more than propaganda?  If it is indeed nothing more than propaganda, and you are repeating it as the truth, what does that say about the quality of your judgment?

     James, it's well past time for you to consider moving on to tilting at new windmills...

  Roy Herren

James Salsman <jsalsman at gmail.com> wrote:
  Presumably the U.S. and U.K. troops whose children are suffering from
sharply increasing incidences of birth defects are getting enough
folate in their diet.

Sincerely,
James Salsman