[ RadSafe ] Medical physicists tasks in a PET/CT facility

Efforrer at aol.com Efforrer at aol.com
Tue Jan 30 18:27:33 CST 2007

- On the contrary, we found that due to the extra time involved the  syringe
- shields contributed to the dose to the administering  nurse.

I find that interesting since the material I shipped out from  the cyclotron
was mainly handled in a hot cell.  As a Texas regulator the  proper use of
syringe shields was mandatory.  Possibly with Tc-99 the added  handling time
using a shield might add to the dose but FDG is so hot I can't  imagine anyone not
using a shield.

Gene Forrer