FW: [ RadSafe ] Re: NRC and SI Units

Jack Topper jack.topper at radetco.com
Thu Jul 5 16:38:28 CDT 2007

Franz, et al,

For a fascinating read on the human search for truth and stability, you might try reading Daniel J. Boorstin's "The Discoverer's".  I found it very enlightening.  It made me realize that any system of measurement (as well as any theory or belief system) was most likely flawed at its inception, and is very likely to evolve with time.  It seems that nothing is absolute, not even SI units.

http://www.amazon.com/Discoverers-Daniel-J-Boorstin/dp/0394726251/ref=pd_bbs_2/105-5248260-6213216?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183670178&sr=1-2

Regards

Jack D. Topper
Radiation Detection Company