[ RadSafe ] PG&E Signs World's Largest Solar Power Deal

Brunkow, Ward ward.brunkow at wipp.ws
Thu Jul 26 09:59:29 CDT 2007

The price quote is accurate, I pay 4.5 cent kill/hr. for my power
produced at N. Anna Station under Dominion Power. The D&D cost is
figured into rate base. That is the money the Govt. stole from the
utilities and tax payers involving the Yucca project, utilities have
sued the Fed. Gov.t over it. What the liberal segment of  scientific
community and the media don't get or will not acknowledge is that the
reliability of todays nuclear power plant is amazing, some of the GE
BWRs are known to run up to 500 days without a shutdown for refueling,
thus producing an av. of 1000 meg/watt of power for average size reactor
now, it is amazing how much power a reactor produces in just one year
without a shutdown. A piece of fuel the size of a quarter will provide
the electricity for a family of four, for a year. ALGORE and his
entourage are blowing smoke at the world and American public right now,
a lot of people will get ripped off with power costs and gimics to go
green, but maybe in the long run there will be some benefits regarding
conservation and new industries started to help the economy. Just don't
mess with our nukes though, they are the backbone of safe economical
power production for this current quarter century. Fusion will bring
utopia when it arrives with clean, cheap and  reliable power like we
have never seen, so cheap it may not be metered at the average home.
Fission is the predecessor to fusion for now. Get rid of the fossil
fuels ASAP and get real on the actual advantages on renewables that are
not developed far enough yet to compete with Safe Nuclear energy. When
people start running out or power, brown outs and black outs, it will be
a event even worse than gas shortages.

W. G. (Ward) Brunkow, Sr. Radiological Engineer
DOE Contractor
[15 years in Nuclear Power] [ worked with 11 utilities]