[ RadSafe ] [Nuclear News] Constellation Energy and EDF Form JointVenture for Developing Next-Generation Nuclear Facilities inthe United

Tue Jul 31 12:18:26 CDT 2007

>From the "Senate bill could help finance U.S. nuclear plants" article:

Michael Wallace, the co-chief executive of UniStar Nuclear, which seeks
to build nuclear reactors, and executive vice president of Constellation
Energy, said: "Without loan guarantees we will not build nuclear power
plants."

Having witnessed the WPPSS fiasco, I believe that loan guarantees are a
good thing, provided the CEOs, CFOs, Presidents, and Board of Directors
of any company taking such guarantees agree to loosing their personal
wealth, and that of their friends and family that they gave money to,
and living the rest of their lives in cardboard boxes under freeway
interchanges, with the more physically fit ones parted out for the organ
trade, should their company ever default on a loan.

And if it turns out they were culpable, there should be REALLY harsh
penalties.