[ RadSafe ] " Chernobyl benefit/harm"

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Fri Jun 8 11:29:25 CDT 2007

In Chernobyl, as in American health care, deregulating would give greater safety and prosperity.

  What would happen if Chernobyl were treated like the Oklahoma land rush? If I were a Russian, I'd get a PalmRad to avoid hot spots and move into that land so inviting to wildlife. The prosperity could give far more benefit than any harm from radiation, just as the increased mobility from Vioxx benefited many patients more than harm from heart attack risk.

  The worst of the Chernobyl disaster is imposed by government regulators, as is our greatest drug risk in the USA: deprivation of benefit.

  Howard Long

  John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Unless they capture, tag the animal and track them
after the release, I am not sure how useful any of the
studies on mortality are.

--- "Franta, Jaroslav" wrote:

> Chernobyl wildlife baffles biologists;
> Animals are returning to area near meltdown, but
> scientists are split on
> their long-term fates
> Toronto Star, 8 June 2007
> Douglas Birch, Associated Press