[ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 12:30:14 CDT 2007

So, what do you want to do about the TFP?  How many
times has this come up on RadSafe?  I think that the
people on this list talk and worry about it more than
the public.

With the prospect of new nuclear power plants being
built, how influencial is the TFP?

--- BLHamrick at aol.com wrote:

> I strongly second the statement below about not
> ignoring the claims of the
> many anti-nuclear activists.  As scientists, we may
> often dismiss the
> exaggerations and histrionics as obvious propaganda
> and pap, but the public is
> hearing their message, and unless and until there is
> a concerted effort by the
> professional communities, government and academia to
> provide appropriate
> information and actively dispute erroneous
> information, the public will not have  any
> reason to disbelieve the claims.
>
> Barbara L. Hamrick

> Daylight Time,
> radproject at sbcglobal.net writes:
>
> That  said, we cannot just ignore it when clever
> Tooth Fairy propagandists
> like  Mangano, a second generation Sternglass
> wannabe,  hold press conferences
> in Trenton, the capital of the
> great state of New Jersey...making claims  that are
> nothing but
> propaganda given the facts,  and  meant to  sway
> public opinion against
> nuclear plant  projects.

“All men dream, but not equally. Some dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds and wake in the day to find it is vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.”
Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com