AW: [ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Thu Jun 21 12:41:48 CDT 2007

John,

Unless there were a scientific study conducted after such stories are
included in the media, the cause and effect of a person's attitude towards
nuclear, or any other subject, positive or negative, would be difficult to
assess. I will say however that an individual's perceptions are groomed by
what they hear or read in the printed or electronic media. I don't think
that you would disagree with that. One can see that simply by reading the
editorial pages of a newspaper, or the E-Mails sent to news outlets, after a
story had been published or covered in the electronic media. The public
typically is going to define their belief system by what they read and see.

To answer your basic question, no, I can't give you a specific example at
this time. Although I strongly believe that when there are positive or
negative news coverage, that the professional community needs to be aware of
what is covered in the public forum, since it is the knowledgeable
professional that should clarify, refute or reinforce what is stated.

I don't think anyone can disagree with that, be they nuclear oriented,
administrative, business or whatever occupation that is being addressed.

Regards,

Sandy

From: John Jacobus [mailto:crispy_bird at yahoo.com]

"Sandy, Do you have any examples of how these story affect the
public.  Sure, they may "tick" you and others off, but
exactly who, besides the people on this list server
give a d***?"

Sander C. Perle
President
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/