AW: [ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Fri Jun 22 09:08:25 CDT 2007

From: Earley, Jack N [mailto:Jack_N_Earley at RL.gov]

>Are we the guardians of truth and accuracy in the media? If the media (and
by extension, the public) wanted truth and accuracy, would they be listening
to fear mongers and celebrities in the first place? The latest issue of
"Trends" (AudioTech) describes this as part of the Panic Du Jour. This is a
simple case of "follow the money." Fear sells books, fame, newspapers,
advertising space, etc.<

Jack,

The contrary position is known as apathy. Over the years I have also learned
that when does not speak up or speak out against something, that implies
acceptance. This has nothing to do with being a "guardian of truth and
accuracy", it's called providing accurate information which is intended to
provide others with accurate information to define their own positions on a
subject.

I am surprised that we're even having this dialogue. Perhaps we should just
censor the press, shut down the airwaves, shut down Radsafe and any other
forum where a dialogue takes place. Seems to me that was just tried in
Venezuela and a "small" uprising occurred. The public demands information.
It might as well be as accurate as possible. Where it is not, someone,
doesn't matter who, should correct any misrepresentation.

Sandy

Sander C. Perle
President
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/