AW: [ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

Earley, Jack N Jack_N_Earley at RL.gov
Fri Jun 22 10:17:17 CDT 2007

I don't know where you and John come up with this "censorship" approach.
And "apathy" by definition is indifference. The fact that we're having
the discussion is a clear indication that neither censorship nor apathy
is involved. Therefore, it's apparent that you're using the words for
emotional impact rather than as a result of reason, and that's the same
approach used by those you criticize.

"The public demands information." Yes, but not accurate information.
They're looking for information that supports their preconceived ideas,
because that's what we all do until we're willing to look for reality
instead. People are motivated to a high degree by greed and fear, and
fear of loss is five times greater than the desire for gain. But they
get really motivated when the loss becomes real, and that's the "worst
case" I referred to. That's when pain and its avoidance become the
motivators, and then you'll be amazed at how quickly problems are solved
and fears are overcome.

Jack Earley
Health Physicist
509.372.9532