AW: [ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

Fri Jun 22 12:14:06 CDT 2007

Sandy,

I for one appreciate you doing the work of finding the articles and
posting them.  I have found them informative and useful in reminding
myself that there are bigger arenas than my own office, and areas of the
rad biz well beyond what I work with on a daily basis.  I find it
broadening and useful.

As I've said before, I believe that it is useful for knowledgeable
people to engage with journalists and point out where their articles
have weaknesses.  While there clearly are reporters who do not care
about being accurate, I believe that many do wish to do the job
correctly.  I also believe that when you show them that some activist
has lied and caused them to write something that was not true it at very
least causes the reporter to expand their cynicism to include the
activist as well as the government and industry.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On
Behalf Of Sandy Perle
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 8:25 AM
To: 'Earley, Jack N'; 'John Jacobus'; radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: RE: AW: [ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press
conference

Jack,

Could very well be. Human nature suggests that individuals do look for
input that supports their own positions. But to say that they do not
want accurate information is a stretch, in my own opinion. My referral
to censorship and apathy is based on some here on Radsafe who do not
want to see any news articles posted in this forum where they believe
the article to be false or not worthy of discussion. They are the
censors, and, I am not nor have I implied that you have asked for this
censorship.

I'll simply repeat what I've said before. I search the wire services and
other website where news articles are posted, and if I see one that is
nuclear related, either pro or negative and it appears to be
interesting, I'll post it in my news list. A select few here on Radsafe
would like to see that stop. Now, whether one agrees with or disagrees
with the content of the news release, that is for them to decide. I
don't edit, I don't censor the article, I just post and let the reader
determine how important and/or accurate it is. It's just out there in
the media.

Thanks,

Sandy

Sander C. Perle
President
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/