[ RadSafe ] Counter, "Mammograms: A leading cause of breast cancer?"

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 12:29:01 CDT 2007

Dr. Long
Try
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/prevention-genetics-causes/breast

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Radsafers,
>   Does anyone have the data to counter this
> fear-mongering?
>
>   Howard Long
>
> "NewsMax.com" <newsmax at reply.newsmax.com> wrote:
>   Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 18:31:59 GMT
> From: "NewsMax.com" <newsmax at reply.newsmax.com>
> To: "hflong at pacbell.net" <hflong at pacbell.net>
> Subject: Mammograms: A leading cause of breast
> cancer? The untold story.
>
>         Dear NewsMax Reader:
>
> Each month NewsMax publishes The Blaylock Wellness
> Report.
>
> It is edited by a renowned nutritionist and medical
> doctor, Russell Blaylock. In this issue, Dr.
> Blaylock tackles many important health subjects —
> for both males and females. He does so in a
> responsible way — providing information every adult
> must know.
>
> Please take a look at his information below or just,
> Go Here Now.
>
> NewsMax.com
>
>           Breast Cancer   Powerful Prevention
> Pointers
> Every Woman Needs . . .   Dear Friend of NewsMax,
>   I've been thinking of Sue.
>   She was an old friend I'd known fairly well a
> couple decades ago and then lost touch with. Then,
> out of the blue — I heard from a friend of a friend
> that she had died. Of breast cancer. They caught it
> late, and she only lived about six months after her
> diagnosis.
>   She was 52.
>   No one is exempt from becoming a victim of this
> traumatizing disease. Friends and family members,
> even the rich and famous.
>   Perhaps you recognize these well-known sufferers
> of breast cancer: Nancy Reagan, Shirley Temple
> Black, Sandra Day O'Connor, Cokie Roberts, and
> Soprano's star Edie Falco.
>   Or how about these breast cancer survivors: two
> former Charlie's Angels from the '70's— Kate Jackson
> and Jaclyn Smith? (Third Angel Farrah Fawcett is
> fighting rare anal cancer).
>   And while the disease itself is bad enough, all
> that "other stuff" makes it even worse, even for the
> survivors.
>   Stuff like:
>
>    The stress . . .
>    The often-disfiguring surgery . . .
>    The radiation or chemo . . .
>    The nasty drug side effects . . .
>    The waiting . . .
>   If you're male, you no doubt have many people in
> your life—wife or girlfriend, sister, mother, or
> other loved one—at risk for breast cancer. I hope
> you share what you'll see here with them.
>   If you're female, you deserve all the help you can
> get to avoid this scourge. So please keep reading .
> . .
>   Breast Cancer — A Serial Killer of Women   Breast
> cancer strikes women hard. In fact, breast cancer is
> the most common type of cancer in women. And the
> second leading cause of cancer death in women (after
> lung cancer).
>   The American Cancer Society estimates that in
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

“All men dream, but not equally. Some dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds and wake in the day to find it is vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.”
Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com